Every week, our sessions are filled with a variety of individual and collective activities that bring our children’s social and ecological awareness to life. Our program is an indoor-outdoor program. The children are free to play in both environments with all toys and art materials.
Farm School has full access to the whole property including the dam (child-fenced), paddocks, fire pits, conservation area, playground, orchard, sports court, the animals, three-weekly equine therapy, and our emerging maker-space. Much of our time is spent outside.
Our individual and collaborative projects have a focus upon the arts and environment.
Our projects often include:
- nature-art including drawing, painting and craft
- design and creation of outdoor spaces, and
- books and other forms of literature
Our activities include:
- singing songs
- exploring the paddocks, bush, orchard and dam
- dressing up
- feeding the chooks and duck and collecting eggs
- preparing community lunch
- arts and construction activities
- caring for our guinea pig family of 6
- juicing fruits and veggies
- exploring educational toys
- constructing with adult tools
- equine therapy and horse riding
- reading stories
- cooking in the open fire, and
- pursuing our individual and collective ideas and projects.
Our structure usually follows this sequence:
||arrive and reconnect
||hello song, democratic meeting, suggest and vote on ideas for the session, discuss problems they are experiencing
||activities based upon their ideas which may include small creative projects, farm chores, nature walk, their collective project, arts… see the list below
||share lunch inside or outside
||goodbye song, democratic meeting… plans for the next week including lunch