Every week, our sessions are filled with a variety of individual and collective activities that bring our children’s social and ecological awareness to life. Our program is an indoor-outdoor program. The children are free to play in both environments with all toys and art materials.
Our individual and collaborative projects have focus upon the arts and environment. The children are encouraged to create a Zen Project, a Gift Project, or a Knowledge Project with their parent or caregiver for the term, and present it at the end of the term to their group.
Our projects often include:
- nature-art including drawing, painting and craft
- design and creation of outdoor spaces
- books and other forms of literature
- planting and maintaining the worm farm, compost and kitchen garden
Our activities include:
- participating in a democratic meeting where children share their ideas for their session
- singing songs
- exploring the paddocks, bush, orchard and dam
- dressing up
- playing with wooden toys
- preparing community lunch
- arts and construction activities
- sporting activities
- juicing fruits and veggies
- constructing with adult tools
- equine therapy and horse riding
- cooking in the open fire, and
- pursuing our individual and collective ideas and projects.
All children have full access to the maker-space during their session.